Clean Competition Fund Grants
The Clean Competition Fund will consider applications from nonprofit organizations that support and work in the areas of education, outreach, scientific projects, and clinical or basic research that support either anti-doping in sports or drug testing, screening, or detection of human growth hormone ("hGH"), steroids, or other performance-enhancing substances.
Although we do not award multi-year grants, applicants are eligible to apply each year.
For example, in 2017, the Fund provided a grant of $125,000 to the Rhode Island Interscholastic League to provide educational messages to athletes, coaches, and parents about the negative impacts of human growth hormone ("hGH") and other performance-enhancing drugs.
The Foundation will use the following criteria in making funding decisions:
- Applying organization must be a Rhode Island nonprofit serving a well-defined population in Rhode Island;
- Proposal responds to one of the Fund priority areas: outreach, education, clinical or basic research involving appropriate medical uses or long-term health implications of hGH use or use of other performance enhancing substances; or scientific projects that support either anti-doping in sports or drug testing, screening, or detection of human growth hormone (“hGH”), steroids, or other performance-enhancing substances;
- Proposal clearly defines how the program will address an unmet need, fill services gap, or expand services;
- Proposal has clearly stated goals, objectives and measurable outcomes;
- Applying organization has a proven and relevant track record in this field;
- Applying organization has the capacity to implement the proposal; and
- There is a clear sustainability plan for the program.
Applications are accepted - and grants are awarded - on a rolling basis throughout the year. In general, the time between applying and receiving a funding decision will be six to ten weeks.
A completed application package includes:
- Completed application form, submitted through our online system;
- Completed budget form, also submitted through our online system;
- A proposal narrative, found within the application;
To complete an application that is already in progress, and to submit, please click here.